What you need
- knit fabric
- knit fabric of matching color for cuffs (optional)
- 1/4" elastic 11" long
How to make the pants1. Download free pattern here.
This pattern is copyrighted by me, ReadCreations.
For private use only !!!
Make sure you have page scaling set to none !
2. Take both leg pieces and sew front of pants together (front and back are the same cut).
3. Double fold the waist (wide enough for the elastic to go through) and sew.
4. Thread elastic through just created waist and pin both ends of the elastic in place.
5. If you want cuffs on the bottom of the pants, do the following:
Cut a 1 1/4" x 6" strip from matching knit (has to stretch along the long side)
Fold in half lengthwise and sew to bottom of leg, stretching cuff evenly to fit.
Repeat for other leg.
Skip step 6
6. If you want the bottom of you pants hemmed, do the following:
Hem both pant legs with a 1/4" hem (fold up1/4").
7. Sew back part of pants together, make sure you sew the elastic into the seam.
8. Sew leg inseam all around.
You are done !!!
Get PJ top tutorial here